HSBC Auto Finance - Title problems here is a solution

Title issues are not the doing of the finance company when refi or purchasing a unit but the previous lien holder of the vehicle.New auto loans must have the title come from the dealership.

If you are having difficulties you may want to refer back to the dealer or previous finance company. If you are trying to get your title after paying off your loan you may want to confirm the total amount has been satisfied.

HSBC is not always the problem but the lack of understanding as the consumer or lack of communicating to obtain the required information.

More Review Details

Helpful? 26 Yes 26 58 No 58
Had the same issue 24 Yes 24
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Sep 05 #1029978 Elkton, Michigan

i need a lien release on atv from 2004

1 1 Reply

Sep 03 #1029087

i need a lien release on a car i purchased from an estate

Sep 11, 2014 #868616 Sun City, Arizona

I have been waiting 3 weeks for my loan release after 3 very heated phone calls all I get is it was mailed out? This is a bad company to do business with. They seem not to want to make this right.

Jun 24, 2014 #831471 Glenrock, Wyoming

I just got a lien release sent to me by calling HSBC Auto Finance at 888-222-4227. Very helpful on a 4 wheeler purchased in 2003 and paid off in 2007.

6 4 Reply

Feb 10, 2014 #783832 Chesterfield, Missouri

I called this number and was treated very nicely 1800-962-9705 i was told iwould recieve a release in 10 days or less

3 4 Reply

Sep 16, 2014 #870952

I just called this number, and it worked!!!!!!!

2 1 Reply

Jan 02 #924356 Van Nuys, California

I too spent four hours trying to find a phone number and in 5 minutes the customer rep at (800) 962-9705 had my paid off old loan pulled up and the replacement release issued. Should arrive in about ten days. Woman was exceedingly nice and I was oh so grateful.

1 0 Reply

Oct 03, 2013 #725047

Finally, after 5 hours of research here is a solution for all of you who had problems with HSBC Bank Auto Loans and to get a Lien Release:
Fax copy of tile front and back with a bill of sale to: Title Dept.
716-841-6852 the phone #: 1-800-962-9705.
Hope this will help! It was frustrating to get to this point!

2 0 Reply

Sep 23, 2013 #720685

I recently brought a bike with a lien on the title but the bike was also paid off... what I am confused about is that everything I see about HSBC bank is distrubing.. first you take out an auto or bike loan but it is transfered to a credit card.. this makes no sence if u have an auto or motorcycle loan you do get a lien also your APR is way less... But what you have here is HSBC bank actually giving auto and bike loan under credit cards APRs which is twice or triple the rate and yet they put a title lean on a credit card purchase... Sounds like the bankers are inflating Auto and motorcycle rates and replacing it with the higher credit card rates for more profits... If this is an acceptible practice we would have liens on phone watches TV and jewelry... I smell Class Action.... wheres the lawyers when you really need one... (They out chasing ambulances for chump change SMH)

Aug 15, 2013 #700584 Groveport, Ohio

captail one bought out hsbc atv and auto call captial one auto. GOOD LUCK!!!

Frustrated in Hawaii

May 29, 2013 #657475 Honolulu, Hawaii

After going round and round with HSBC regarding a lien release for a motorcycle loan from 2006, trying to get real people, real (useful) phone numbers, I finally asked for a supervisor, they transferred me to CAPITAL ONE! Turns out many of these HSBC accounts were bought out by Capital One (credit cards) years ago. The agent was able to pull up our account by the social and gave us the correct fax and address.
Call Capital One at 1-800-345-9211

Mar 01, 2013 #616637 Rochester, New York

So, here's the deal, when you call, and actually get a live person, demand three things before you hang up:
1. A signed, notorized, letter head, raised seal lean release.
2. A FEDEX number so that you know it was shipped.
3. A employee number of whomever you are speaking with.
Each time you call back, make sure you tell them that employee number. If you have to call back more than three times, then ask to speak to the "service manager", and their boss, and their boss, and there boss.
My manager's number that I am dealing with is:MZV599. She is being very helpful.
DO NOT LET THEM HANG up without taking your phone number.
On the fifth time, inform them that your phone call is being recorded for quality purposes. And record the call.
The address of the business you need to name in your self filed law suite, should be the Buffalo address already in this thread. Once they recieve the Demand Notice to either provide the release or appear in court, you will get your lein release within 3 days of them being served with a demand notice or a notice to appear.

Better than Pissed

Dec 12, 2012 #581325

Took me over a year to get to the bottom of it!

If you have a previous loan with HSBC (Household Auto Finance) and are looking to obtain a lien release in order to secure title:

Call 866-801-6180

Select Option 3

Try and have a previous account number available or provide your social.

Also have the make, model, year and VIN available as well.

Sometimes they need to dig in order to locate the account. is helpful as well.... but only if in fact the lien has been satisfied.

Hope this helps!

1 0 Reply

Jan 14, 2013 #593631 Costa Mesa, California

I had my prior vehicle financed through HSBC. It was paid off over 6 years ago. Finally bought a new car and traded in my old one and realized did not have a copy of my title. Paid the dealer for "lost title" fee, and they called me saying they need a Lien Satisfied letter from the financing company. It took me 5 different tries via HSBC automated system to even reach someone. When I did finally reach them, I was transferred around 9 times. Each time the new person said they couldn't help me. Even tried escalating to a supervisor / manager, but to no avail.

Thanks for posting your comment as had no idea that service was out there!! I just tried submitting a Lien Satisfaction request through Hope it works for me!!!

Sep 12, 2013 #715745 Clarksville, Maryland

THIS INFO WAS VERY HELPFUL TO ME...Found out that HSBC sold to Santander Consumer USA you can request lien satisfaction at

Nov 22, 2012 #572649

I think that many many people are pissed off at a *** up company like HSBC especially since they ignore you and will not release a lien even when the lien is paid off. This just makes me giggle as someday, someone, is going to blow up one of their offices. ;)

Clinton Watterson

Nov 20, 2012 #571667

I need the title to my vehicle that I paid off with HSBC Auto Finance. I am divorced now and I am having difficulty getting the title in my name alone.

Sep 29, 2012 #548470

:( :( :( :( :(

Aug 28, 2012 #534997

After from attempting to get my husband title from the DMV, I was told HSBC was still the lien holder. I called the main customer number 800/975-4722 and attempted to put in my husband SS # which it wouldn't take, finally the automation sent me through and I spoke with a representative. She indicated I had to MAIL or fax a letter to the title department and explain in that letter that I was trying to get release of my lien, a copy of the current registration etc. In turn I guess they will send me a Lien Release form in which I can again mail or fax back (716) 841- 6852. The address she gave me was:

Good Luck!

1-20 of 54 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.